Monday, April 23, 2012

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things - Retro/Pin-Up Hairstyles




Sorry.. I know you got excited because you expected something about The Sound Of Music. You know, raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, and such, but..... 

Recently I have been experimenting with Retro/ Pin- Up Hair styles. I have also realized that a lot of people don't know much about them. So here is a list of cool Hairstyles, video How- To's, and   PRETTY PICTURES  :D 


Victory Rolls -

Victory Rolls Can be styled in many different ways.

You can have one roll, two rolls, rolls that are right next to each other, or rolls on both sides of your head. 



Video How- To- 



(I love the song in the video)





Pin Curls- 

Pin Curls Were very popular in the 50's but have been popular recently and worn by many famous people.


Video How- To




Rosie The Riveter- 


Video How-To-



50's Bomb Shell Look-


In My Opinion, This video is perfect!! She shows you make-up, and hair.... I love all off her videos.

Video How- To



There are a lot of resources online for inspiration and instructions. 

Here are some websites-




Vintage Shopping- 




Hope This inspires you to try some new styles!


Love,
Lilly <3

  

2 comments:

  1. You have such an "old soul" Lilly! I really enjoy your blog...and I love listening to your music picks! I now have some new favorites! Appreciate all your research too...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool post. Love it. I will definitely share it with friends. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete